Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thoughts on Playstation Plus August 2015



Microsoft wasn't the only ones to announce what free games there members will be getting in the month of August. Thanks to the Playstation Blog, Sony announced what free games their Playstation Plus members will receive next month. The games are as follows:

PS4
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Limbo
Sound Shapes
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones

PS3
God of War Ascension
Sound Shapes
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
CastleStorm

PS Vita
CastleStorm
Sound Shapes
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones

Yeah I can't help but feel let down with another month of PS Plus. Say what you want about PS Plus whether you like this month or not, the quality of games have definitely dipped since PS Plus became a thing you had to have when the PS4 came out. I don't mind if PS4 is getting indie games every month though. That's expected, the console has been out almost two years. So I don't think any AAA game should come out yet. Maybe in an another three years. PS Vita is kind of in the same boat as PS4 as I don't mind indie games on my Vita. In fact I think indie games are best played on PS Vita.

My beef is with PS3's games this month. I'm happy God of War Ascension is coming, it's a good game and a major title, but where are some other major third party games that can be given out? The PS3 has been out quite awhile so there's really no reason why major games can't be given out. Stick with the indie stuff for the Vita and PS4.

But I will say, I'm glad Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is coming out. I have Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for Xbox 360 and I enjoyed it quite much. Especially in co-op. Limbo is another great game. If you haven't played yet don't miss this opportunity next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment