Monday, July 6, 2015

Thoughts on New DC Limited Series



Today DC has announced in 2016 we'll be getting 8 new limited series. We don't know who will be on art duties from these series but we do know who the writers are for each book. These are the following characters/teams who will get series:

  • Metal Men - Written by Len Wein
  • Firestorm - Written by Gerry Conway
  • Swamp Thing - Written by Len Wein
  • Metamorpho - Written by Aaron Lopresti
  • Katana: Cult of the Kobra - Written by Mike W. Barr
  • Raven - Written by Marv Wolfman
  • Poison Ivy: Circle of Life & Death - Written by Amy Chu
  • Sugar & Spike - Written by Keith Giffen
There's not too much I care for here. However, I do know I would like to check out Metal Men and that's thanks to Geoff Johns, and Firestorm could be good. After my exposure to him on The CW's The Flash, Future's End, and a little on Justice League I strongly believe Firestorm has a good concept and could have cool villains to go with his series.

I also like the idea of DC doing limited series. This could give other lesser know characters a chance to shine if DC plans to do more limited series in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment