Friday, July 10, 2015

DC Announces Robin War and Batman and Robin Eternal



It's San Diego Comic Con weekend, and what that means for us comics fans is major announcements to be announced. This year marks the 75th anniversary of Robin, and DC just had to announce something for everyone's favorite Boy Wonder. Today DC announced that the sequel to Batman Eternal will release on October 7th. It will be called Batman and Robin Eternal. Scott Synder and James Tynion IV will be lead writers, and will be joined by Steve Orlando, Tim Seeley, Ed Brisson, Jackson Lanzing, Collin Kelly, and Geneieve Valentine. Plus Tony Daniel, Scott Eaton, and Paul Pelletier will be on art duties.



The other set of news DC unveiled for Robin is there will be a month long crossover starting in December called Robin War. It will tie in We Are Robin, Robin: Son of Batman, and Gotham Academy.

I'm actually excited for both these titles. Let me start on Robin War, I don't care for the group of kids trying to be Robin in We Are Robin, but based off the teaser DC supplied, it looks like Damian will take them head on by himself. So if Damian has enough "beef" to take these guys on solo, I definitely want to tune in.

Then there's Batman and Robin Eternal. I enjoyed the first run of Eternal, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too. Plus based off the cover it looks like Dick will actually be in this one. What role he plays, I don't know but I'm excited he's back interacting with the rest of the Bat-Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment