Friday, June 5, 2015

Thoughts on All New All Different Marvel



After Secret Wars ends in October we will be heading into an "8 Month's Later" jump to help set up the new status quo on this new Marvel Universe. That Universe being referred as the All New All Different Marvel.

Now Marvel hasn't released a ton of information on this direction they are taking. Like is this a full or soft reboot, a relaunch, will characters retain their memory? Marvel has kept quiet on the matter, but what they have shed light on is titles like A-Force, and Lady Deadpool and the Howling Commandos will still be around after Secret Wars ends. We'll even have a new Avenger's team that will feature Miles Morales as Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel, Nova, Lady Thor, Vision, Iron Man, and Sam Wilson as Captain America, and Johnny Storm joining the Inhumans in Uncanny Inhumans.





We also had Marvel tease which character's will be featured in the All New All Different Marvel. (Note the image above) Some notable things that stick out to me are:

  • We have four Spider characters. (Jessica Drew, Gwen Stacey, Peter Parker, and Miles Morales)
  • Two Wolverine's. With X-23 most likely taking on the main role and Old Man Logan as a mentor.
  • The Thing joining The Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • Daredevil sporting a new costume. Most likely as a nod to the Netflix show.
Marvel's Editor in Chief Axel Alonso has also confirmed to IGN that there will be a new Hulk. "I have every confidence that people will embrace the new Hulk and that question will be answered about Bruce and where he is. It is a natural, organic story. It's not a stint; it's a story. The identity of this character is fascinating. Who he is, what it means ti be Hulk, it's an entirely new story that I think will be inviting to new  fans and interesting to a whole new segment of readers".

So anyways here's why I'm excited for ANAD Marvel from the information Marvel has given thus far. 

  • Miles and Peter are in the same Universe so I'm sure we'll get some team up stories, and let's not forget Brian Michael Bendis said a Spider-Men 2 is in the works.
  • Ms. Marvel. As a Ultimate Marvel reader, I don't really read the main Marvel line (there's a few stuff I check out) but all I ever hear when people mention 616 is how great Kamala Khan is, and how she's this centuries Peter Parker. To me that's a huge statement as Spider-Man is practically Marvel's cover boy. So I definitely want to see what she's all about.
  • Daredevil. After that amazing show on Netflix, who wouldn't be excited for Daredevil, plus a new costume? Count me in!
  • Karnak. I don't read Inhumans but that guy with the hoodie just looks cool. I've been waiting for some Inhuman to stand out to make me interested to read about Inhumans. Think of it like Wolverine, he's a pretty cool mutant and he probably made you think I want to check out more X-Men stuff.
  • At least 60 brand new #1's.
Now here's what I'm not liking about the ANAD Marvel so far. Falcon still as Captain America, Jane Foster as Thor, some new Hulk, possibly a different person under Iron Man's armor. I don't care about any of that. I want to read about Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Odinson, Bruce Banner all as the alter ego's they've been for years. Hopefully they'll return them back sooner rather than later.

Nonetheless, this October I'm ready to see what this new status quo is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment