Wednesday, June 17, 2015

EA E3 Results and Thoughts June 15th 2015



How did EA fair after last year's lackluster show? I'm here to tell you what went on and my thoughts on the show.

-Mass Effect Andromeda teaser trailer
-Unravel trailer and gameplay
-Need for Speed trailer and gameplay
-Star Wars Old Republic Knights of the Fallen trailer
-Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 gameplay, you can transfer all your characters from the first game, and free DLC
-Emphasis on mobile games such as Star Wars and Minions
-Lot's of sport games (Madden NFL 16, NHL 16, Fifa 16, and NBA Live 16)
-Mirror's Edge Catalyst gameplay and trailer
-Star Wars Battlefront gameplay

Let's start with what I liked, the Mass Effect Andromeda teaser trailer and Star Wars Battlefront gameplay. While it's been no secret the next installment of Mass Effect was in the make, at that point we haven't seen any gameplay, or trailers, just rumors and speculation. EA showing something this year to bring the hype was much welcomed, but by next year I'm hoping we can see something more. In the meantime though it'll give me some more time to play the Mass Effect trilogy which I got last month from Playstation's Flash Sale for $5.

Now we've heard lot's of stuff what Dice/EA have planned for the new Star Wars Battlefront game, we've even seen concept art and a cinematic trailer, but today was the day. The day we got some Star Wars Battlefront gameplay footage! All I can say is I liked what I saw and am looking forward to this game.

One particular game stood out for me and it was Unravel. It looked like such a cute game, and I definitely got LittleBigPlanet and Tearaway vibes from it. I liked the how the game looked and how it's played.

I don't know what hit a lower point in the show for me, the talk on mobile gaming or all the sport game coverage. I can't even go into much detail on how boring all of that was.

Finally I like the where they're going with the Mirror's Edge reboot. Gameplay looks nice and story sounds even better than the original. I wish we could see some of the combat in the game, because the fighting in the original was atrocious.

Overall slightly better show this year by EA but still boring in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment